When you join Suburban Propane, you become a part of a fast-paced and dynamic company that has been serving its employees and customers for over 90 years. We are currently looking for a Interstate Truck Driver to join our team and deliver tanks and other company assets throughout the country in accordance with company standards while maintaining the professional and positive image of Suburban Propane.
- Transport tanks and other company assets primarily throughout the western operating footprint of Suburban Propane in accordance with Company and government regulations.
- Maintain safety and compliance records.
- Maintain delivery vehicle. Review maintenance record, perform pre- and post-trip inspections.
- Deliver tanks. Test and validate product. Conduct tank or cylinder inspections, follow loading and unloading procedures.
- Account for inventory. Operate handheld terminal. Maintain Driver’s electronic log book, trip report, odometer readings and related information.
- Secure truck and equipment consistent with security policy.
This position may require extended and on-call hours, including some weekends, holidays and an average of 3 nights overnight travel.
Why join the Suburban Propane team? Because we care about the physical, mental, and financial wellbeing of our employees and provide them with competitive pay plus incentive potential and an outstanding benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, and vision (eligibility after just 30 days of employment)
- Paid time off that increases with tenure
- A 401(k) with company match and immediate vesting
- A new employee training program and many opportunities for continued learning and career development
- Disability and life insurance
- Employee recognition program
- Generous tuition assistance program
- Propane discounts, and more!
For eligibility and a full list of our benefit offerings please visit: https://jobs.suburbanpropane.com/benefits/ .
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent training and experience
- Clean driving record with a valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License with HAZMAT, tanker, and air brake endorsements as well as a valid Medical Examiner’s Certificate allowing for operation in interstate commerce
- Over the Road driving experience a plus
- Ability to run a truck loader crane a plus
- Ability to lift and pull equipment that weighs 75 to 100 lbs.
- Exceptional customer service skills
As part of our pre-employment hiring process, background checks and drug screens are performed.
Headquartered in Whippany, New Jersey, Suburban Propane Partners, L.P. (NYSE:SPH) is a nationwide marketer and distributor of a diverse array of products to meet the energy needs of our customers, specializing in heating oil and refined fuels, as well as the marketing of propane, natural gas and electricity in deregulated markets. With over 3,000 employees and as the 3rd largest propane retailer in the country, Suburban Propane maintains business operations in 42 states, providing prompt, reliable service to over one million residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural customers. We are committed to supporting the growth and innovation of propane as a sustainable energy source and investing in the next generation of even cleaner and lower carbon renewable energy sources.
It’s an amazing time to become a part of our team as we expand our national footprint and
make strides toward a sustainable, clean energy future!
At Suburban Propane, we know that our strength comes from our diverse and inclusive team of employees who make a difference in the communities we serve across the country every day. All applicants for employment shall be considered without regard to race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.