When you join Agway Energy Services, a subsidiary of Suburban Propane, you become a part of a fast-paced enterprise that provides natural gas and electricity supply and energy-related services to customers in New York, Pennsylvania and Maryland, along with a new business venture (Homesential) in New Jersey. Agway Energy has been serving customers for more than 20 years and its parent company, Suburban Propane, has been serving its employees and customers for over 90 years.
We have an exciting opportunity for an ESCO Operations Manager to be based in our Syracuse, NY headquarters. If you have a highly analytical mindset with strong knowledge of ESCO operations, then we invite you to apply to join our growing team and be a part of our next 90 years.
- Manage operations, systems, and reporting activities that support existing and new marketing programs
- Manage quality control of the activities of our Customer Call Center for customer inquiries and adherence to policies and procedures designed to deliver exceptional customer satisfaction
- Manage internal department customer service activities related to the Homesential business
Utility Relationships and EDI Processing
- Manage daily EDI processes, internal controls, exception reporting, utility communications and utility relationships
Value-added Services Program Management
- Manage our EnergyGuard contractor network to ensure adequate coverage in new and existing geographies, satisfactory contractor performance, expense management and timely payment of invoices
- Ensure accurate and timely submission of reports and data requests required by federal, state and ISO agencies
- Collaborate with internal and external legal experts on utility issues and escalated customer complaints, interpretation of state regulations and laws related to ESCOs, and any other matters that require legal expertise
Information Services Support
- Collaborate with the Information Services team to resolve operational issues related to our customer information system, EDI processes and CRM software
- B.S. degree in Business, Finance, or Management required
- Solid understanding of ESCO operations and ESCO/Utility EDI transactions and standards required; experience with ESCO regulatory requirements preferred
- Requires strong Excel and analytical skills to effectively manage large amounts of data and provide analysis through complex spreadsheets and workbooks. Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated ability to interpret regulatory/legal documents
Why join the Agway Energy/Suburban Propane team? Because we care about the physical, mental, and financial wellbeing of our employees and provide them with competitive pay plus incentive potential and an outstanding benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, and vision (eligibility after just 30 days of employment)
- Paid time off that increases with tenure
- A 401(k) with company match and immediate vesting
- A new employee training program and many opportunities for continued learning and career development
- Disability and life insurance
- Employee recognition program
- Generous tuition assistance program
- Relocation assistance
- Propane discounts, and more!
For eligibility and a full list of our benefit offerings please visit: https://jobs.suburbanpropane.com/benefits/ .
As part of our pre-employment hiring process background checks and drug screens are performed.
Agway Energy Services is located in Syracuse, New York and was one of the first marketers to be licensed when deregulation went into effect, allowing residential and commercial customers to choose a supplier other than their local utility for their electricity and/or natural gas supply. Agway is a subsidiary of Suburban Propane, headquartered in Whippany, New Jersey.
Suburban Propane Partners, L.P. (NYSE:SPH) is a nationwide marketer and distributor of a diverse array of products specializing in propane, fuel oil and refined fuels. With over 3,000 employees and as the 3rd largest propane retailer in the country, Suburban Propane maintains business operations in 42 states, providing prompt, reliable service to over one million residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural customers. We are committed to supporting the growth and innovation of propane as a sustainable energy source and investing in the next generation of even cleaner and lower carbon renewable energy sources.
At Agway Energy/Suburban Propane, we know that our strength comes from our diverse and inclusive team of employees who make a difference in the communities we serve across the country every day. All applicants for employment shall be considered without regard to race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.