When you join Suburban Propane, you become a part of a fast-paced and dynamic company that has been serving its employees and customers for over 90 years. You join an organization with a strong sense of community that values safety, customer satisfaction, training and development, and teamwork.
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot and repair propane and/or fuel oil systems and appliances
- Maintain the service vehicle which includes reviewing the maintenance record, performing pre- and post-trip inspections and reporting all vehicle conditions requiring attention for continued safe operation and proper vehicle maintenance
- Deliver propane and/or fuel oil as required in a safe and efficient manner by following proper loading and unloading procedures
- Provide superior customer service and strive to achieve zero service related customer complaints
- Bill customers for services rendered and account for funds and inventory which includes operating a handheld terminal, maintaining a trip report and documenting system testing and related information
Why Suburban Propane? Suburban Propane takes pride in serving our employees and does so by offering competitive pay with incentive potential and a comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, HSA and FSAs, paid vacation, personal and sick pay, tuition assistance, online learning opportunities and training, and a 401(k) with company match and immediate vesting.
For a full list of our benefit offerings please visit https://jobs.suburbanpropane.com/benefits/
To operate our company vehicles, you must have a minimum of a Class B Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with HAZMAT, tanker, and air brake endorsements as well as a valid Medical Examiner’s Certificate allowing for operation in interstate commerce. Don’t have a CDL yet? No problem, we will give you time and training to help you get one.
- Ability to lift and pull equipment that weighs 50 to 75
- Exceptional customer service skills
As part of our pre-employment hiring process, background checks and drug screens are performed.
Headquartered in Whippany, New Jersey, Suburban Propane Partners, L.P. (NYSE:SPH) is a nationwide marketer and distributor of a diverse array of products to meet the energy needs of our customers, specializing in heating oil and refined fuels, as well as the marketing of propane, natural gas and electricity in deregulated markets. With over 3,000 employees and as the 3rd largest propane retailer in the country, Suburban Propane maintains business operations in 42 states, providing prompt, reliable service to over one million residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural customers. We are committed to supporting the growth and innovation of propane as a sustainable energy source and investing in the next generation of even cleaner and lower carbon renewable energy sources.
It’s an amazing time to become a part of our team as we expand our national footprint and
make strides toward a sustainable, clean energy future!
At Suburban Propane, we know that our strength comes from our diverse and inclusive team of employees who make a difference in the communities we serve across the country every day. All applicants for employment shall be considered without regard to race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.