When you join Suburban Propane, you become a part of a fast-paced and dynamic company that has been serving its employees and customers for over 90 years. You join an organization with a strong sense of community that values safety, customer satisfaction, training and development, and teamwork.
We are currently looking for an Area Technician to be responsible for providing technical services and advice related to vehicle and facility maintenance for our locations located in New Mexico, Colorado, Nevada, Arizona, Utah, Idaho and Wyoming.
- Complete service requests to repair propane transfer equipment, Emergency Shut-off Valves (ESVs), piping, and other mechanical components
- Maintain delivery vehicles and liquid transfer equipment
- Perform DOT required Annual Cargo Tank (ACT) inspections and Hydrostatic Pressure Tests
- Perform meter repairs and annual calibrations to comply with State Weights and Measures requirements
- Train employees to operate and maintain small pumps, compressors, and dispensing equipment
- Respond to vehicle and plant emergency situations
- Perform special installation projects and facility upgrades as needed
This position requires 50-75% travel
Why Suburban Propane? Suburban Propane takes pride in serving our employees and does so by offering competitive pay with incentive potential and a comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, HSA and FSAs, paid vacation, personal and sick pay, tuition assistance, online learning opportunities and training, and a 401(k) with company match and immediate vesting.
For a full list of our benefit offerings please visit https://jobs.suburbanpropane.com/benefits/
- Associates Degree in Mechanical Technology or High School Diploma/GED with 5 years of mechanical experience
- Thorough understanding of propane gas systems on delivery trucks and storage plants (advanced training will be provided)
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to lift 50 to 75 lbs.
As part of our pre-employment hiring process, background checks and drug screens are performed.
Headquartered in Whippany, New Jersey, Suburban Propane Partners, L.P. (NYSE:SPH) is a nationwide marketer and distributor of a diverse array of products to meet the energy needs of our customers, specializing in heating oil and refined fuels, as well as the marketing of propane, natural gas and electricity in deregulated markets. As a national propane industry leader with over 3,000 employees, Suburban Propane maintains business operations in 42 states, providing prompt, reliable service to over one million residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural customers. We are committed to supporting the growth and innovation of propane as a sustainable energy source and investing in the next generation of even cleaner and lower carbon renewable energy sources.
It’s an amazing time to become a part of our team as we expand our national footprint and
make strides toward a sustainable, clean energy future!
At Suburban Propane, we know that our strength comes from our diverse and inclusive team of employees who make a difference in the communities we serve across the country every day. All applicants for employment shall be considered without regard to race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.