We are currently looking for a Transport Driver to serve as an integral part of our organization by operating a transport to deliver fuel.
- Deliver fuel in a safe and efficient manner by following proper loading and unloading procedures
- Maintain the transport truck which includes reviewing the maintenance record, performing inspections and reporting all vehicle conditions requiring attention for continued safe operation
- Provide superior customer service and strive to achieve zero driver related customer complaints
- Account for funds and inventory which includes operating a handheld terminal, maintaining a trip report and documenting meter and odometer readings and related information
Why Suburban Propane? Suburban Propane takes pride in serving our employees and does so by offering competitive pay with incentive potential and a comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, HSA and FSAs, paid vacation, personal and sick pay, tuition assistance, online learning opportunities and training, and a 401(k) with company match and immediate vesting
For a full list of our benefit offerings please visit https://jobs.suburbanpropane.com/benefits/
- Clean driving record with a valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License with hazmat, tanker, and air brake endorsements as well as a valid Medical Examiner’s Certificate allowing for operation in interstate commerce (or the ability to quickly obtain stated license, certificate and required endorsements)
- Line-haul experience in the propane industry preferred
- Possession of a North Slope Training Card preferred
- Ability to lift and pull equipment that weighs 50 to 75 lbs.
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Willingness to work outside in all weather conditions
As part of our pre-employment hiring process background checks and drug screens are performed.
Headquartered in Whippany, New Jersey, Suburban Propane Partners, L.P. (NYSE:SPH) is a nationwide marketer and distributor of a diverse array of products to meet the energy needs of our customers, specializing in heating oil and refined fuels, as well as the marketing of propane, natural gas and electricity in deregulated markets. With over 3,000 employees, Suburban Propane maintains business operations in 41 states, providing prompt, reliable service to over one million residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural customers.
All applicants for employment shall be considered without regard to race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.