We are currently looking for a Customer Service Representative (Distribution Center) to play a pivotal role in helping to support excellent customer service, customer retention and new customer acquisition. As a Customer Service Representative, you will serve as a main point of contact for our customers by handling inbound and outbound sales and service related calls and performing administrative functions ensuring the highest level of customer service, quality, efficiency and accuracy in all that you do.
- Handle incoming calls and utilize a proactive sales approach with every customer interaction to uncover additional sales and service opportunities
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of Suburban Propane products and services, customer account and billing processes, new customer information, and various policies and procedures related to product delivery and service
- Present a professional, confident and enthusiastic image to develop trusting relationships with all customers
- Provide high levels of customer account management by properly setting up and maintaining account information and data
- Forecast and maintain routes to maximize manpower, tank and vehicle utilization and ensure delivery efficiencies
- Plan and schedule daily service work to maximize billable time and meet productivity goals
- Coordinate with Customer Service Center (CSC), regional and corporate employees to ensure high levels of customer service and achieve operational efficiencies
***This is a part-time position offering approximately 29 hours per week.***
Why Suburban Propane? Suburban Propane takes pride in serving our part-time employees and does so by offering competitive pay with incentive potential, paid vacation, personal and sick pay, online learning opportunities and training, and a 401(k) with company match and immediate vesting based on eligibility requirements.
For a full list of our benefit offerings please visit https://jobs.suburbanpropane.com/benefits/
As part of our pre-employment hiring process background checks and drug screens are performed.
Headquartered in Whippany, New Jersey, Suburban Propane Partners, L.P. (NYSE:SPH) is a nationwide marketer and distributor of a diverse array of products to meet the energy needs of our customers, specializing in heating oil and refined fuels, as well as the marketing of propane, natural gas and electricity in deregulated markets. With over 3,000 employees, Suburban Propane maintains business operations in 41 states, providing prompt, reliable service to over one million residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural customers.
All applicants for employment shall be considered without regard to race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.