When you join Suburban Propane, you become a part of a fast-paced and dynamic company that has been serving its employees and customers for over 90 years. We have an excellent opportunity for a Regulatory and Compliance Paralegal to join our Legal Department at our Whippany, NJ headquarters.
As a Regulatory and Compliance Paralegal, you will assist the General Counsel and the Legal Department Team with the pragmatic development and implementation of compliance policies and procedures, as well as conduct legal research to support the Company’s adherence to applicable laws/regulations and Company policies and procedures.
- Provide compliance support in regulatory areas that impact the Company, including FCPA (Foreign Corrupt Practices Act), anti-corruption, anti-bribery, competition, ethical business conduct and other areas of legal compliance
- Develop and maintain an understanding of federal, state and local laws, and government regulations that pertain to the Company’s areas of business
- Collaborate with departments to manage internal compliance efforts and processes to align with local, state and federal laws
- Develop project and resource plans, establish reporting metrics, and provide stakeholders with regular updates regarding the effectiveness of the Company’s Compliance Program
- Support the development and rollout of training course content designed to enhance awareness and comprehension of compliance and other related legal topics
- Assist in building and driving a culture of compliance throughout the Company and develop strong cross-functional relationships to assess current and anticipated emerging risk areas across the Company
Why join the Suburban Propane team? Because we care about the physical, mental, and financial wellbeing of our employees and provide them with competitive pay plus incentive potential and an outstanding benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, and vision (eligibility after just 30 days of employment)
- Paid time off that increases with tenure
- A 401(k) with company match and immediate vesting
- A new employee training program and many opportunities for continued learning and career development
- Disability and life insurance
- Employee recognition program
- Generous tuition assistance program
- Propane discounts, and more!
For eligibility and a full list of our benefit offerings please visit: https://jobs.suburbanpropane.com/benefits/ .
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Paralegal Certificate and/or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a corporate legal department or law firm, preferably with increasing responsibility over that time
- Background in compliance and legal research a plus
- Project management or other experience managing and leading strategic initiatives a plus
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with all levels of management
- Ability to successfully manage multiple priorities at the same time and in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
- Ability to research, gather, and analyze data to find solutions to complex situations
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite
As part of our pre-employment hiring process, background checks and drug screens are performed.
Headquartered in Whippany, New Jersey, Suburban Propane Partners, L.P. (NYSE:SPH) is a nationwide marketer and distributor of a diverse array of products to meet the energy needs of our customers, specializing in heating oil and refined fuels, as well as the marketing of propane, natural gas and electricity in deregulated markets. As a national propane industry leader with over 3,000 employees, Suburban Propane maintains business operations in 42 states, providing prompt, reliable service to over one million residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural customers. We are committed to supporting the growth and innovation of propane as a sustainable energy source and investing in the next generation of even cleaner and lower carbon renewable energy sources.
It’s an amazing time to become a part of our team as we expand our national footprint and
make strides toward a sustainable, clean energy future!
At Suburban Propane, we know that our strength comes from our diverse and inclusive team of employees who make a difference in the communities we serve across the country every day. All applicants for employment shall be considered without regard to race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.